As a host and weatherman of NBC’s Today Show, thirteen time Emmy winner, Al Roker has the undivided attention of the nation (over 32 million viewers per week) every weekday morning as America prepares for their day. Al conducts interviews with celebrities and newsmakers around the world and does a wide variety of segments on every imaginable subject. Cementing his status as “America’s Most Trusted Weatherman,” Al recently concluded a successful 6+ year run on Wake Up With Al on The Weather Channel and is now host of a next generation morning show for mobile devices titled The Lift; available exclusively through the Weather Channel mobile app. Al is also an accomplished television producer.
He is CEO of Al Roker Entertainment, Inc. (ARE), a thriving multimedia company involved in the development and production of unique and innovative series across a variety of networks and alternate distribution platforms. In 2015, Al formed Roker Labs, a creative consortium that partners with cutting-edge platforms to deliver digital and live streaming content for a wide array of new media and brand storytellers.
Al is a best-selling author with nine acclaimed books to his credit. His latest, The Storm Of The Century: about The Great Gulf Hurricane of 1900, was released in August 2015. His forthcoming book Been There, Done That: Family Wisdom For Modern Times, is the first he has written as a collaboration with wife, ABC News Correspondent Deborah Roberts, and is out January 5, 2016.
Al Roker Entertainment is a leading producer of original, award-winning TV programs and digital content for the world’s best networks and brands. Led by nine-time Emmy award winning TV personality and trusted multimedia authority, Al Roker, ARE is committed to producing high-quality content across a variety of distribution platforms. Launched in 1994, ARE has produced a variety of breakthrough unscripted, scripted and digital programming for top cable networks including The Weather Channel, Food Network, Discovery, Lifetime, Spike, A&E and more. More information: firstname.lastname@example.org
Our Branded Entertainment division specializes in partnering visionary creatives with agencies and brands to tell amazing stories that we then distribute across traditional and new media channels. Let us show you how the trusted name of Al Roker can work for your brand!
Are you a creator with an amazing idea that you want to take to the next level? Are you ambitious, not satisfied with the status quo and just waiting to kickstart the next best hit? Are you a brand in a marketing rut because you’re getting the same old, same old from your agencies and advisors? If you’ve said yes to any of these, you’ve come to the right place. Al Roker Entertainment is committed to the notion that new ideas and stories are the life-blood of the entertainment industry. We’ve learned that you never know where the next great idea will come from. And these great ideas can live on a myriad of platforms – wherever the audience lives. We’ve pioneered organic unscripted dramatic storytelling for TV; and have also jumped head first into digital and social media content, live streaming video, and even crowdfunding to develop a variety of scripted and unscripted projects from beginning to end. We have collaborated with numerous brands and individuals who have very compelling stories. We’re eager to hear yours. If you’re an authentic creator or brand with a story to tell, please contact us: email@example.com More information: firstname.lastname@example.org
EXECUTIVE VICE PRESIDENT Tracie began her career in operations at NYC post production facilities in the 80′s and continued in various management roles until ’95. At that point she transitioned to production and was the Manager of Operations for 10 years at Lifetime Studios, a production facility operated by Lifetime Television housing Lifetime’s own programming as well as third party business. After Lifetime, for two years, she freelanced as a Line Producer. She has been with Al Roker Entertainment since September 2005 and currently, under Al, oversees the company both on the business and editorial side.
DIRECTOR CONTENT MARKETING | DIGITAL STRATEGY Jon has a 25 year career in the music industry leading retail marketing initiatives at Capitol Records, EMI Music, BMG and a number of indie music labels; marketing the emotion that music fans attach to songs and integrating third-party brands to music. As that industry transitioned away from an ownership model, Jon also transitioned, moving further into digital and social media marketing as a way to ignite content appeal for a new generation of media consumption. Not only does Jon add the digital element to the slate of programs and branded content produced by Al Roker Entertainment, he also oversees all the digital and social media content offerings from the company. Jon advises on new technology and platforms that continue to put Al Roker Entertainment at the forefront of content creation and broadcast. Based in Los Angeles, Jon also manages Al Roker’s personal social media profile across numerous channels.
Ronald C. Pruett, Jr.
CHIEF ADVISOR Ron has proven experience in the creation, development, and management of high growth direct to consumer and digital marketing companies worldwide. He is currently managing director of The Boston Associates, advising equity and enterprise. Ron has nearly 30 years of experience and loves the thrill of creating something new while leveraging the best of different approaches, distribution channels and cultures. Ron graduated with a B.A. (Honors) in International Relations and Political Science from Trinity College in Connecticut and received his M.B.A. from the École Européenne des Affaires (now ESCP-EAP), a French Grande École located in Paris, France where he graduated as Valedictorian.
POST PRODUCTION SUPERVISOR Ricky began his career working at HBO as a media coordinator in July of 2003 as well as a Digitizing Coordinator; and in 2006, became an Assistant Editor. In 2009, aside from being an AE, Ricky also managed a large Avid ISIS system, and worked along with Avid technicians throughout the transition process. Ricky specialized in assisting clients with Avid Interplay, and helped with the overall change in workflow. In December 2011, Ricky joined the Al Roker Entertainment family where he works as Post Production Supervisor, overseeing the day to day operations of the New York-based post facility.
The entertainment, media and digital commerce worlds are moving closer and closer. Realizing this, Roker Labs partners with the best, brightest, and most industrious individuals and companies in each of these categories. From creative talent to digital media platforms, funding sources to TV network connections, we’re constantly seeking out potential partners that want to help us bridge brilliant ideas and interested audiences. Roker Labs is an actual, physical space located in the heart of Manhattan, the cultural and entertainment capital of the world. In fact, Roker Labs is a full post-production studio and Roker LIVE is our division that creates live streaming magic! After decades of developing our own programs with leading TV networks, we now share our experience and strong relationships with like-minded individuals and leverage various digital media platforms and live streaming channels such as Facebook Live, Periscope and Meerkat. We’re not just another incubator or accelerator leasing offices and offering free coffee. We’re a real place that fosters innovation and media partnerships with a direct approach toward authentic storytelling, brand building, and even direct response marketing. In short, the mission of Roker Labs and Roker LIVE is to connect the dots. Follow us on Twitter, Periscope, and Meerkat – @RokerLabs and @RokerLIVE
- September 2015: Are You Thinking About Live Streaming?
- September 2015: Al Roker helps launch Facebook Live Streaming (“Mentions”) for verified profiles Click to watch the videos on his Facebook page
- August 2015 REPORT: Welcome To The Show! How leading Food Brands Are Using Live Streaming
- July 2015 REPORT: Who’s Winning At Live Streaming: The Roker Labs/Dextro Periscope Index
UPCOMING ROKER LIVE LIVE STREAMING EVENTS:
December 2 – Camila’s Code is on the road, live streaming from Minneapolis on Facebook LIVE!
December 3 – Bigger, Bolder Baking with Gemma debuts on Roker Live, 1pm & 4pm est on Facebook LIVE!
December 4 – Skyler’s Foodie Finds on Periscope from NYC (Time TBD)
Follow us on Twitter to get exact dates/times and details of our live streaming shoots @RokerLIVE
“Live streaming is becoming as popular as the ‘selfie’ and the ability to shoot live video from your phone and stream it directly makes everyone their own TV station. I love cooking and sharing recipes with my friends, family and followers. And this new technology completely enhances the total social media experience” – Al Roker
Intrigued? If you want to connect your dots, please contact us at RokerLabs@AlRoker.com
Roker LIVE presents CAMILA’S CODE with Camila Alves, a new LIVE cooking and lifestyle show live streaming every Wednesday 11am est on Camila’s Facebook page via Facebook Mentions. Each week Camila “breaks the code” on simplifying recipes and homemade crafts. Follow @IamCamilaAlves on Twitter & Instagram & search using #CamilasCode.
Top 5 Al Roker Stories
- ROKERTHON! USS Alabama Battleship, 105-year-old veteran spotlighted during Al Roker’s stop into Mobile
- Taste Awards: Roker Labs Wins Coveted Live Streaming TASTE Award
- Mashable: Al Roker probably loves live streaming video more than you do
- Ad Age: Al Roker’s Production Company to Premiere Live Reality Show on Facebook
- Venture Beat: Business Wire to Launch “BizWireTV” with Al Roker Entertainment
Want More Al Roker?
Al Roker: News, Commentary, & Features
FOOD & COOKING
- Thanksgiving casseroles from Little Big Town’s Kimberly Schlapman
- Bacon-wrapped turkey: Camila Alves shows how it’s done
- Camel milk hot chocolate? Young chef in Abu Dhabi gets Al Roker to try it
- Al Roker’s copycat McRib sandwich recipe lets you get your fix anytime
- Al Roker serves up Brazilian-style grilled flank steak with chimichurri sauce
- Al Roker makes strawberry shortcakes with homemade whipped cream
- Al Roker shares 3 delicious ways to cook with artichokes
- Russell Simmons shows Al Roker the perks of a vegan lifestyle
- Try Al Roker’s quick, light and easy fish and veggie hobo packs
- Get more protein! Al Roker makes healthy salad Nicoise, sweet potato burrito
- Al Roker’s decadent gluten-free recipes: Bacon waffles, bean burgers and more!
- Turn beer into a meal with Al Roker’s one-pot beer can chicken with vegetables
- Al Roker shares his mom’s ‘stick to your ribs‘ oxtail stew and dumplings
- Make Al’s pulled pork barbecue, baked beans and more
- Try the Franklin Barbecue espresso sauce Al Roker is obsessing over
- Al Roker On His Best Meal Ever!
- #TBT – Al Roker looks at the “New” world of cooking using floppy discs & the internet on Today 1995
- Al Roker and his daughter make a Father’s Day meal: Ribeye, creamed kale
- Al Roker dishes up some good eats, and more selfies at the South Beach Wine and Food Festival.
- TWITTER: Here’s Al with Rachael Ray
MORE FROM THE TODAY SHOW
- Rokerthon 2 is on! Al Roker hits the road for record-breaking effort
- VIDEO: Al Roker takes you inside beautiful Abu Dhabi mosque
- VIDEO: Camel ride or gold facial? ’50/50′ contest winners explore Abu Dhabi
- VIDEO: Al Roker Looks Back At His Most Dramatic Weather Moments
- Al Roker gets ‘Peanuts’ treatment with cartoon makeover: ‘I love my life!’
- Al Roker on data breach: I prefer Dolly Madison to Ashley Madison
- Amy Schumer talks ‘Trainwreck,’ pokes fun at Al Roker
- TODAY’s Al Roker to be inducted into New York Broadcaster’s Hall of Fame
- Al Roker Talks To B. Smith On Living With Alzheimers
- Where Does Al Roker Get All His Energy?
- Al Roker answers viewers questions in rapid fire Orange Room Facebook Chat, reveals some interesting tidbits
ROKER LABS: TECHNOLOGY/NEW MEDIA
- Al Roker and The Weather Channel Launch Mobile Morning Show
- Why Al Roker Won’t Livestream Halloween Weekend, His Favorite Twitter And Perspective On The Weather Channel
- EXCLUSIVE: Camila Alves Launches Live Streaming Cooking and Lifestyle Series Produced By Al Roker – Roker Live
- Al Roker’s Entertainment Company Is Betting Big On Live Streaming
- Al Roker leads a field of Industry Speakers at Stream Con NYC
- What More Can Al Roker Take On?
- Al Roker is airing a new cooking series on Meerkat – The latest venture from an unappreciated modern polymath
- Al Roker launches live cooking show on Meerkat
- Al Roker Labs Plans to Crack Periscope with Live Streaming Insight
- Al Roker Launches Periscope Ratings Index
- The Roker Index tracks a new generation of digital talent
- Search, Meerkat To Bring Live Streaming TV Indexed In Near Real-Time
- Al Roker Wants to Help Marketers Use Video Streaming Tools Like Periscope
- Al Roker Entertainment Announces the Launch of Roker Labs and Partners with Computer Vision Leader Dextro for the ARE Index
- Al Roker To Host Inaugural Stream Con Industry Summit 2015
- Click here to read Al’s interview with Tubefilter talking Live Streaming, New Media, more
- Al Roker Talks Technology, Live Streaming, And More at Internet Week New York
- Al Roker On Meerkat
- Al Roker Is Early Adapter on Meerkat
- Meerkat: The App That Won SXSW
AL ROKER ENTERTAINMENT
- Kimberly’s Simply Southern returns to the Cooking Channel 3:30pm et Saturday
- VIDEO: See Little Big Town’s Kimberly Schlapman cook on TV
- Top X – Bible Weather Review – Program Produced by Al Roker Entertainment
- Al Roker’s production AL ROKER ENTERTAINMENT company launches Season #4 of Coast Guard Alaska on The Weather Channel
- VIDEO: Al Roker Talks Climate Change with Chris Matthews on Hardball
- Larry King Now: Al Roker talks climate change, meteorology, Coast Guard Alaska, and breaking into TV, with Larry King
- Roker to host presenting an interactive workshop on weather to benefit NY area schools
AL ABOUT TOWN
- NBC’s Al Roker visits NJCU, says admitting mistakes is part of success
- Al Roker Says Today Show Co-Host Kathie Lee Gifford Is “Distraught” But “Strong” After Husband Frank’s Death
- AL’S FACEBOOK: Al Roker covers the OSCARS red carpet and is once again dubbed “King Of The Selfie”
- Roker to host presenting an interactive workshop on weather to benefit NY area schools
- AL’S FACEBOOK: Al Roker tears it up at The Super Bowl
- Al’s 9-point forecast on why he loves NYC
VIDEO: Al Roker Talks To Brian Kilmeade on Kilmeade & Friends on Fox News Radio about Storm Of The Century, The Today Show, Roger Ailes, and more